- 21-60 aged, urban areas, USA, 1963 - 64
- N = 2787
- Non Response
- ± 20%, Attrition ± 30%
Repeated interviews at home using highly structured questionnaires
- Authors's Label
- Marriage sociability
- Our Classification
- Data T3.
- Related specification variables
- 4-item index of questions on shared activities in the past few weeks: Each rated yes/no.
1. visited friends together
2. gone out together
3. entertained friends in your home
4. eat out in a restaurant together
Observed Relation with Happiness
- Slightly related to positive affect. Not to
- Largely unaffected by SES.
- Most pronounced among high SES women.