Help to keep track of the research findings on happiness in your field
Illustrative topics for sponsoring are:
- Happiness in places:
Where do people live happiest? Where are differences in happiness smallest? Do determinants and consequences of happiness differ across places?
- Happiness of particular people
How happy are these people? What determines their happiness? Do they differ from the general population in their country?
– Medical patients
– Part-time workers
- Lifestyle and happiness
What do happy people do? Which of the happy people’s behaviors differ from those of less happy people? What kinds of people profit most from particular life styles?
– Culture participation
– Education,e.g. yield of higher education
– Family,e.g. having children
– Home ownership
– Internet use
– Use of health services
– Work conditions
- Effects of happiness
What are the consequences of enjoying life or not on ..
– Civil behavior
– Sex life
– Work performance
Illustrative presentations of reviewed topics
- Happiness in Places: How happy are people in the Netherlands?
- Happiness and Lifestyle: Healthy eating and Happiness
- Happiness and Possessions : Private wealth and happiness
Contact: Erasmus University Rotterdam. Erasmus Happiness Economics Research Organization, POB 1738, NL3000 DR Rotterdam, Netherlands, E-mail: EHERO-WDH@ese.eur.nl