- Distributions of happiness in nations, as observed in representative samples of the general population.
- Only findings based on survey questions, that validly tap an individual’s ‘overall appreciation of his own life-as-a-whole’.
Coverage at 1-7-2020
- about 12.705 distributions in 173 nations between 1945-2019.
- Responses to equivalent questions in 151 nations 2009-2019
- Time series for 15 countries of twenty years and more.
- All first and (former) second world countries, and also data from some third world nations.
- Fairly complete up to 2018
- Happiness indicator: full text of survey questions.
- Statistics: frequency distribution in %, mean and standard deviation. Comparison is facilitated by transformation of all scores to range 0-10.
- Number of respondents, non-response.
- Bibliographics: author, title, year of publication, page reference.
- Survey name: name of survey program or institute, location of data file.
Additional sources for analysis of happiness in nations
- Reports on happiness in nations: rank reports and trend reports
- Data-file States of Nations, which contains data in happiness in nations together with various nation characteristics
- Data file Trends in Nations, which contains time series on happiness in nations
- International Happiness Scale Interval Study, which generates values by means of which rating on verbal response scales can be transformed to a common 0-10 numerical scale.