- A collection of scientific publications on happiness, defined as the subjective enjoyment of one’s life-as-a-whole.
- Any scientific publication that refers to the subjective appreciation of life-as-a-whole, even if this subject is only a side-issue.
- Not included are related fields like ‘mental health’, ‘social adjustment’ ‘alienation’ and satisfaction with ‘domains of life’.
Coverage at 1-7-2020
- About 15000 publications.
- Almost complete coverage of the social-science literature up to 2019 in English, German, and Dutch.
- Includes journal articles, books, dissertations, conference papers and unpublished research reports.
- Title descriptions involving:
- Author, title, publisher or journal, year of publication
- Language of the report
- Type of study
- Subject classification of about 450 categories
- Classification of reported empirical studies by
- Time frame: past / present / future / perceived change
- Variant measured: overall happiness / hedonic level / contentment
- Eligible for inclusion in the findings archive, depending on whether the happiness measure fits our conceptualization
- If eligible: finding entered in the database or waiting to be entered
- Links to full text of about half of the publications