Study Bradburn (1969): study US 1963
- 21-60 aged, urban areas, USA, 1963 - 64
- N = 2787
- Non Response
- ± 20%, Attrition ± 30%
Repeated interviews at home using highly structured questionnaires
- Authors's Label
- Marriage companionship
- Our Classification
- Data T3.
- Related specification variables
- 5-item index of questions on shared activities in the past few weeks. Each rated yes/no.
1. spend one evening just chatting with
2. had a good laugh together.
3. been affectionate to each other.
4. taken a drive or walk just for
5. did something that the other parti-
T1: Januari 1963
T2: June 1963
T3: Oktober 1963
Observed Relation with Happiness
- Strongly related to positive affect. Hardly to negative affect.
- Unaffected by SES as such.
Stronger relation among women than men in high
Change in affect expressed in change () in average ridits (RT). Ridit analysis compares distribution in category with distribution in total sample. RT above .50 means relative increase, RT below .50 relative decrease in happiness.