- 21-60 aged, urban areas, USA, 1963 - 64
- N = 2787
- Non Response
- ± 20%, Attrition ± 30%
Repeated interviews at home using highly structured questionnaires
- Authors's Label
- Psychological anxiety
- Our Classification
- Data T1. Not computed for summed ABS.
- 3-item index of closed questions on nervousness or tenseness during the last weeks, having trouble getting to sleep at night, and having enough energy to do the things one would like to do.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- Males : G= +.04
- Females: G= +.02
Index of Negative Affects:
- Males : G= +.47
- Females: G= +.45
- Stronger among those who are healthy than
among those who are sick.
- Unaffected by expecting a nervous breakdown.