Thomas & Hughes (1986): study US 1972
- Thomas, M.E.; Hughes, M.D.
- The Continuing Significance of Race: A study of Race, Class, and Quality of Life in America, 1972- 1985.
- American Sociological Review, 1986, Vol. 51, 830 - 841
- 18+ aged, general public, USA, 1972-85
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 18000
- Non Response:
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taken all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say that you are....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Author's label:
- General happiness
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
- 2.14 -
- - -