Smith (1982): study US 1972
- Smith, T.W.
- College Dropouts: An Analysis of the Psychological Well-Being of Various Educational Groups.
- Social Psychology Quarterly, 1982, Vol. 45, 50 - 53
- 18+ aged, general public, USA, 1972-1980
- N = 11997
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taken all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say that you are....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Author's label:
- Global well-being, general happiness
- 1+2: 65.7%, 3: 34.3%