Simmons et al. (1974): study US 1969
- Simmons, R.G.; Bienvenue, R.; Bruce, J.; Fulton, J.
- Who signs an organ donor-card: Traditionalism versus transplantation.
- Journal of Chronic Diseases, 1974, Vol. 27, 491- 502
- Signers of organ-donor cards (and controls), USA, 1969
- N = 75
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taken all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say that you are....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Author's label:
- donor-card signers: 37% very happy, 54% pretty happy, 9% not too happy
M' = 2.28 Ms' = 6.4
neighbour controls: 37% very happy, 56% pretty happy, 6% not too happy
M' = 2.29 Ms' = 6.5