Shin & Johnson (1978): study US 1975
- Shin, D.C.; Johnson, D.M.
- Avowed Happiness as the Overall Assessment of the Quality of Life.
- Social Indicators Research, 1978, Vol. 5, 475 - 492
- Heads of households, Illinois, USA, 1975
- N = 665
- Non Response:
- Interview: telephone (CATI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taken all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say that you are....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Author's label:
- Self-assessment of happiness
Attitudes to local government