Pinquart & Schindler (2007): study DE 1984
- Pinquart, M.; Schindler, I.
- Changes of Life Satisfaction in the Transition to Retirement: A Latent-Class Approach.
- Psychology and Ageing, 2007, Vol. 22, 442 - 455
- Retirees, Germany, followed 19 years, 1984-2003
- Survey name:
- DE-SOEP combined waves
- Selection from general population sample
- N = 1456
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
Adjustment to retirement
Change happiness following events
Stage of retirement