Luechinger et al. (2008): study US 1976
- Luechinger, S.; Meier, G.; Stutzer, A.
- Why does Unemployment Hurt the Unemployed? Evidence from the Life Satisfaction Gap between the Public and Privat Sector.
- WWZ Working Paper 03/008, Center of Business and Economics (WWZ), 2008, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Employees public and private sector, USA, 1976-2002.
- Probability systematic sample
- N = 19530
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taken all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say that you are....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Author's label:
- Page in publication:
Public employment (vs private sector)
Tenure (vs flex contracts)