Li et al. (2001): study US 1996
- Li, F.; Duncan, S.C.; Duncan, T.E.; McAuley, E.
- Enhancing the Psychological Well-Being of Elderly Individuals Through Tai Chi Exercise: A Latent Growth Curve Analysis
- Structural Equation Modeling, 2001,Vol. 8, 53-83
- Low active elderly participants in an exercise training and controls, USA, 199?
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability self-selected
- N = 95
- Non Response:
All participants completed measures during an initial group orientation meeting (T1). Participants from the experimental group com pleted these measures a second (Month 3: T2) and third (Month 6: T3) time either at the end of a practice class or at home, whereas participants in the control group completed their second and third assessments by mail.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 20 questions.
This scale consists of a number of words that describe different feelings and emotions. Read each item and mark the appropriate answer in the space next to that word. Indicate to what extend you felt this way during the past week?:
1 very slightly or not at all
2 a little
4 quite a bit
Negative affect score (NAS): (A to J)/10
Positive affect score (PAS): (K to T)/10
Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS - NAS
Name: Watson et al's PANAS ('past week' version)
- Author's label:
- Positive and Negative affect
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- Cronbachs alpha PA: 0.88-0.90-0.89 Cronbachs alpha NA 0.85-0.86-0.86
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -4 - 4 On range 0-10
Change involvement in sports
Tai chi, Yoga
Multiple treatment moments