Layard et al. (2009): study US 1972
- Layard, R.; Mayraz, G.; Nickell, S.J.
- Does Relative Income Matter? Are the Critics Right?
- Working paper SOEP No. 210, DIW, 2009, Berlin, Germany. (also published in: Diener E.;Helliwell J.E.; Kahneman D.;Eds.: ''International Differences in Well-Being'', Oxford University Press, 2010, 139 - 165)
- 30-55 aged white males, United States, 1972-2006
- Survey name:
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 14836
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say you are .....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Page in publication:
Trend average happiness in Unites States of America
Trend average happiness in special publics