Hurley & Kwon (2012): study US 2011
- Hurley, D.B.; Kwon, p.
- Results of a Study to Increase Savoring the Moment: Differential Impact on Positive and Negative Outcomes.
- Journal of Happiness Studies, 2012, Vol. 13, 579 - 588
- Student participants in a savouring exercise and controls, USA, 2011
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 193
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 20 questions.
Indicate to what extend you felt this way in the last week.
S emotionally strong
1 very slightly or not at all
2 a little
4 quite a bit
Negative affect score (NAS): A to J
Positive affect score (PAS): K to T
Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS - NAS
Name: Watson et al's PANAS (adapted last week version for children)
- Mean score at baseline, whole sample.
60 item PANAS X was administered, but only 10 item negative affect scale and 10-item positive affect scale were analyzed.
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -40 - 40 On range 0-10
- 11.60 -
- - -
On invitation, no pay
Recall of positive events