Helliwell et al. (2018): study ZZ World samples 2005
- Helliwell, J.F.; Grover, S.C.; Huang, H.
- Empirical Linkages between Good Government and National Well-Being.
- Journal of Comparative Economics, 2018, online, 1 - 15
- 18+ aged, general public, 157 nations, followed 7 years, 2005-2012
- Survey name
- INT-GallupWorldPoll 2006-2011
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 157
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Average Mean 5,46;
average change 0,07
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.46 5.46
- 1.11 1.11
Change political democracy in nation
Change quality of government in nation
Democratic quality of government
Technical quality of government
Change GDP in nation: economic growth/decline