Headey et al. (2008): study HU 1996
- Headey, B.; Muffels, R.; Wooden, M.
- Money does not Buy Happiness...Or does it? A Reconsideration Based on the Combined Effects of Wealth, Income and Consumption.
- Social Indicators Research, 2008, Vol. 87, 65 - 82
- 16+ aged, general public, Hungary, 1996
- Probability simple random sample
- N = 3055
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
All in all, to what degree are you satisfied with your life now?
10 very satisfied
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
Consumption: absolute level
Expenditures on: Food
Married state (compared to non-married states)
Living as married