Glenn & Weaver (1979): study US 1972
- Glenn, N.D.; Weaver, C.N.
- A Note on Family Situation and Global Happiness.
- Social Forces, 1979, Vol. 57, 960 - 967
- 18-59 aged whites, non-institutionalized, USA, 1972-75
- N = 4049
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taken all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say that you are....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Author's label:
- Psychological well-being
- Error estimates:
- Reliability: 380 respondents of the 1972 wave were reinterviewed after two weeks: 72% rated their happiness in the same way Validity: