Frey et al. (2004): study XZ Germany West 1985
- Frey, B.S.; Luechinger, S.; Stutzer, A.
- Valuing Public Goods: The Life Satisfaction Approach.
- Institute for Emperical Research in Economics, Working Paper No. 184, 2004, Zürich, Switzerland
- Adults, general public, Germany 1985-1998
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 27015
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
Time spend commuting
Work related travel