Ferrer-i-Carbonell (2005): study DE 1992
- Ferrer-i-Carbonell, A.
- Income and Well-Being: An empirical Analysis of the Comparison Income Effect.
- Journal of Public Economics, 2005, Vol. 89, 997 - 1019
- 18+ aged general public, Germany, 1992-1997
- Survey name:
- DE-SOEP combined waves
- Probability multi-stage cluster sample
- N = 16000
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all things together, how satisfied are you with your life these days? Please answer with the help of this scale. For instance, when you are totally satisfied with your life, please tick '10'. When you are totally unsatisfied with your life, please tick '0'. You may use all values in between to indicate that you are neither totally satisfied nor totally unsatisfied."
10 totally satisfied
0 totally unsatisfied
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 6.88 6.88
Relative to income of similar people