Easterlin et al. (2011): study ZZ 2005
- Easterlin, R.A.; Angelescu McVey, L.; Zweig, J.S.
- The Impact of Modern Economic Growth on Urban-Rural Differences in Subjective Well-Being
- World Development, 2011, Vol. 39, 2187 - 2198,
- 15+ aged general public, 80 countries,2005-2008
- Survey name
- INT-Gallup World Poll combined waves
- Probability area sample
- N = 212000
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Life Satisfaction
- Page in publication: