Chayko (1993): study US 1988
- Chayko, M.
- How You "Act Your Age" When You Watch TV.
- Sociological Forum, 1993, Vol. 8, 573 - 593
- 18+ aged, general public, USA, 1988
- Survey name:
- US-GSS 1988
- Probability simple random sample
- N = 967
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taking all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say you are .....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Author's label:
- State of happiness
- Originally rated 1 very happy, 3 not so happy; scale reversed by WDH team. M computed by WDH team from table 1 (page 582).
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
- 2.03 -
- - -