Chappell & Badger (1989): study CA Winnipeg, Manitoba 1985
- Chappell, N.L.; Badger, M.
- Social Isolation and Well-Being.
- Journal of Gerontology, 1989, Vol. 44, 169 - 176
- 60+ aged, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, 1985
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Probability simple random sample
- N = 743
- Non Response:
The interviews were lasted for an hour and a half, on average.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report single question:
Taking all things together, how would you say things are these days- would you say you are..
4 somewhat happy
3 neither happy nor unhappy
2 somewhat unhappy
- Author's label:
- The Global Happiness Indicator
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 7%, 2: 0%, 3: 17%, 4: 24%, 5: 52% (total 100%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10
- 4.14 6.50
- 1.14 1.31
Living alone or not
Married state (compared to non-married states)
Ever had children (vs not)
Number of close friends