Berg (2010): study US Missisippi 1990
- Berg, M.C.
- Geluk in Landen: Een Empirische Studie naar Condities voor een Gelukkige Samenleving. ( Happiness in Nations. An Empirical Study of Conditions for a Happy Society).
- Doctoral Thesis Department of Social Science, Erasmus University, 2010, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 18+ aged, general public, Missisippi region, United States, 1990
- Survey name
- US-GSS 1972-2006
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 7368
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taken all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say that you are....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Inhabitants of this state were selected from 26 pooled samples in the period 1972-2006. Each of these samples are representative for the USA, but the selection may not be quite representative for this state.
- Observed distribution
- 1: 14%, 2: 58.6%, 3: 27.4% (total 100%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
- 2.13 7.05
- 0.63 1.64