Berg (2010): study US Maryland 1990
- Berg, M.C.
- Geluk in Landen: Een Empirische Studie naar Condities voor een Gelukkige Samenleving. ( Happiness in Nations. An Empirical Study of Conditions for a Happy Society).
- Doctoral Thesis Department of Social Science, Erasmus University, 2010, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 18+ aged, general public, Maryland region, United States, 1990
- Survey name:
- US-GSS 1972-2006
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 13660
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taken all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say that you are....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Observed distribution
- 1: 15.1%, 2: 60.4%, 3: 24.5% (total 100%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
- 2.09 6.94
- 0.62 1.62