Berg (2010): study US Alabama 1990
- Berg, M.C.
- Geluk in Landen: Een Empirische Studie naar Condities voor een Gelukkige Samenleving. ( Happiness in Nations. An Empirical Study of Conditions for a Happy Society).
- Doctoral Thesis Department of Social Science, Erasmus University, 2010, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 18+ aged, general public, Alabama region, United States, 1990
- Survey name:
- US-GSS 1972-2006
- Selection from general population sample
- N = 1025
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Taken all together, how would you say things are these days? Would you say that you are....?
3 very happy
2 pretty happy
1 not too happy
- Inhabitants of this state were selected from 26 pooled samples in the period 1972-2006. Each of these samples are representative for the USA, but the selection may not be quite representative for this state.
- Observed distribution
- 1: 11.8%, 2: 53.9%, 3: 34.3% (total 100%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 3 On range 0-10
- 2.22 7.28
- 0.64 1.67