- 65-90 aged whites Pretoria, South Africa, 198?
- N = 80
- Non Response
- Authors's Label
- Scope of interaction
- Our Classification
- Controlled for household income and expert rated physical health. Controls reduced zero-order correlarions only slightly.
- Number of contacts mentioned. The subject was asked to list all persons with whom he had face-to-face contact: however infrequent, in the following categories:
1. Immediate family (i.e. spouse,
2. Siblings and other relatives.
3. Intimate friends (described as
extremely close friends whom the
subject confided in and could could
depend on for emotional support.
4. Other friends, neighbors and
5. Total network.
6. Total network, intimate friends