- Highschool pupils, rural area, followed 25 years, Pennsylvania, USA, 1946-71
- N = 2081
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's Label
- Miles to metropolis
- Our Classification
- Happiness assessed at T2.
- Related specification variables
- Linear distance from subject's residence at T2 (1971) to the nearest population center of 100,000 inhabitants.
Converted to logarithm for analysis.
Observed Relation with Happiness
Betas controlled for:
- father's occupation
- highschool grade point average