- 16+ aged, general public, West Germany, 1984-1985
- N = 2718
- Non Response
- Attrition sample A: 8%, sample B: 15%
- Authors's Label
- Change in satisfaction
- Our Classification
- CHANGE HAPPINESS by CHANGE SATISFACTION
- Joint effect of:
1 Change in income satisfaction T1-T2
2 Change in health satisfaction T1-T2
'Residual changes scores' computed by by first regressing T2-scores on T1- scores :
- ^Satisfaction T2^= a + b * Sat. T1.
- Residual change = Sat T2-^Sat T2^.
Residual change is in fact the deviation of an individuals satisfaction at T2 from the average T2- satisfaction of Ss who were equally satisfied at T1.
Observed Relation with Happiness
Change in happiness measured by:
1 Residual change (like change in satisfaction)
2 Change in happiness expected at T1