- 16+ aged, general public, West Germany, 1984-1985
- N = 2718
- Non Response:
- Attrition sample A: 8%, sample B: 15%
- Authors's label
- Change in satisfaction with income
- Our Classification
- Closed questions rated on an 11 point scale. Assessed at T1 and T2.
'Residual changes scores' computed by by first regressing T2-scores on T1- scores :
- ^Satisfaction T2^= a + b * Sat T1.
- Residual change = Sat T2-^Sat T2^.
Residual change is in fact the deviation of an individuals satisfaction at T2 from the average T2- satisfaction of Ss who were equally satisfied at T1.
Observed Relation with Happiness
Change in happiness measured by:
1 Residual change (like change in satisfaction)
2 Change in happiness expected at T1
also involving : change in health satisfaction, change in income, change in employment, change in health and age.
Change in satisfaction with income related to change in income (ßL=+.15) and loss of job (ßL=-.18), which in their turn are related to age (resp. ßL=-.09 and -.08)