- 18+ aged, general public, 33 nations, followed 1989 - 2012
- Survey name:
- INT-World Values Survey, pooled waves
- N = 112876
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's Label
- Power Distance
- Our Classification
- Source: Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind. Hofstede et al. 2010.
- Mean = 58,49; Sd = 18,79.
- The extent to which inequality in hierarchy is expected in a society. Survey questions asking respondents about their reactions and preferences towards interacting with more powerful individuals.
Observed Relation with Happiness
All nations, all waves, no controls.
More power distance, less happiness.