Study Lönnqvist & Itkonen (2014): study FI 2012
- 18+ aged, students, Finland
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- N = 4701
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Conputer Assisted Web Interview (CAWI)
- Authors's Label
- Perceived agreeableness of compatriots
- Our Classification
- Items from the Nati0nal Character Test (Terraciano 2005)
- Perception of agreeableness of fellow countrymen reported in 6 bi-polar items:
a 'Trusting, gullible, naïve' vs. 'Suspicious, skeptical, cynical'
b 'Craftly, sly, manipulitive' vs. 'Frank, sincere, straightforward'
c 'Generous, giving, considerate' vs. 'Selfish, stingy, greedy'
d 'Aggressive, competetive, stubborn' vs. Compliant, cooperative, docile'
e 'Modest, humble, self-effacing' vs. 'Arrogrant, conceited'
f 'Ruthless, hard-headed, unsentimental' vs. 'Sympathetic, humanitarian'
5-point ratings thwards one or the other end of the scale.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- number of Facebook friends
- emotional stability
- openness to experience