- Adult, general public, 4 towns, varying in economic prosperity, Illinois, USA, 1962
- N = 2006
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's Label
- Economic depression of local environment
- Our Classification
- Related specification variables
- Comparison of 4 communities:
- two economically depressed
- one improving from a depression
- one economically well-off
Reversed among <50 aged and high S.E.S.
Observed Relation with Happiness
Strongest among age 50+ and low S.E.S.
Slightly reversed among age 50+ and high S.E.S.
- Stronger among <50 aged
- Positive among low S.E.S.
- Not among high S.E.S.
Index of Negative Affects: G' = +.02 (ns)
- Negative among 50+ aged and lower S.E.S. only.
- Reversed among <50 aged and higher S.E.S.