- 17+ aged general public, Germany, followed 7 years, 2000-2006
- Survey name:
- N = 27249
- Non Response:
Face-to-face interviews and statistical data on neighbourhoods
- Authors's label
- Income (equivalent household income)
- Our Classification
- Self-report on single question:
If you take a look at the total income from all members of the household: how high is the monthly household income today?
The modified OECD scale is applied to equivalize household income, assigning 1 to the first person in the household and 0.5 to every other person aged older than 14 and 0.3 to all children under the age of 15.
Observed Relation with Happiness
B's controlled for:
- neighbourhood characteristics
a)rate of people moving out the neighbourhood
b)status of neighbourhood
- status relative to others in neighbourhood
- status of neighbourhood
- age and age squared
- marital status
- having children
- city size
- survey year
East-Germany is the former communist German Democratic Republic, which was reunited in 1990 with West-Germany.