Study Trzcinski & Holst (2006): study DE 2001
- 17 aged, Germany, 2001-2004
- Survey name
- N = 1202
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's Label
- Relationship with mother
- Our Classification
- M = 3.74 SD = 0.67
- Self report on 7 questions such as:
How often does your mother:
- talk to you about things you do or experience?
- ask you for your opinion before they decide something that affects you, etc.
Rated (5) very often to (1) never.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- personal control
- satisfaction with grades
- perceived of probability of success in education and work
- east or west german
- household composition
- number of important relationships
- relationship with father
- mother worked part-time or full-time entire year (vs not)
- months of unemployment of mother in the previous year
- mother’s worries about financial situation
- life satisfaction of mother
b = +.32 means that a 1 point difference in relationship with mother corresponds with 0.32 point difference in happiness on the 0-10 point scale.