- 17 aged, Germany, 2001-2004
- Survey name:
- N = 1202
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's label
- Number of important relationships
- Our Classification
- The number of persons rated as 'important' or 'very important'.
The adolescent was given a list of nine individuals who could be especially important in your life at this time such as :
For each of these the repondent rated the importance on a range from 0 to 9.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- personal control
- satisfaction with grades
- perceived of probability of success in education and work
- east or west german
- household composition
- relationship with mother
- relationship with father
- mother worked part-time or full-time entire year (vs not)
- months of unemployment of mother in the previous year
- mother’s worries about financial situation
- life satisfaction of mother
b = +.05 means that a 1 point difference in number of important relationships corresponds with 0.05 point difference in happiness on the 0-10 point scale.