Study Gurin et al. (1960): study US 1957
- 21+ aged, general public, USA,1957
- N = 2460
- Non Response
- 13%; 5% not at home, 8% refusals
Structured interview at home
- Authors's Label
- Perceived sources ofhappiness
- Our Classification
- If a specific source of satisfaction is mentioned more often by the 'very happy' than by the 'not too happy' a positive relationship is assumed, if reversed a negative one.
- Open-ended question: "What are some of the things you feel pretty happy about these days?"