Study Wong (1985a): study US 1984
- Working parents with children <16, USA, 1984
- N = 651
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Questionnaire returned by intra office mail in a sealed envelope
- Authors's Label
- Poor Mental Health
- Our Classification
- Error Estimates
- alpha = .83
- Items taken from the Gurin, Veroff & Feld scale
- Married Fathers: M=1,6, SD=.32, Married Mothers M = 1,8 SD = .41, Single Mothers M=1,6 SD = .44
- Related specification variables
- a. Do you find it difficult to get up in the morning? Rated: 1 = never, 2 = not very much, 3 = pretty often, 4 = nearly all the time.
b. Has any ill health affected the amount of work you do?
c. Have you ever been bothered by shortness of breath when you were not exercising or working hard?
d. Have you ever been bothered by your hearth beating hard?
e. Do you ever drink more than you should?
f. Are you troubled by your hands sweating so that you feel damp and clammy
g. Have there been times when you couldn't take care of things because you just couldn't get going?
Rated: 1 = Never, 2 = Hardly ever, 3 = Sometimes, 4 = Many times
h. Do you feel you are bothered by all sorts of pains and ailments in different parts of your body?
i. For the most part, do you feel healthy enough to carry out the things you would like to do?
j. Do you have any particular physical or health trouble
Rated: 1 = No, 2 = Yes