- Working parents with children <16, USA, 1984
- N = 651
- Non Response:
Questionnaire returned by intra office mail in a sealed envelope
- Authors's label
- Support from Supervisor
- Our Classification
- Think back to your experiences as a working parent over the last two months.How have your supervisor helped you to manage? How often in the past two months did your supervisor do each of the following?:
a. Shared ideas or advice.
b.Helped me to figure out how to solve a problem
c Listened to my problems.
d. Was understanding or sympathetic. Instrumental support:
a. Juggled tasks or duties to accomodate my family responsibilities
b. Switched schedule (hours, overtime, vacation) to accomodate my family responsibilities.
Rated: 1= Never, 2 = Rarely, 3 = Sometimes, 4 = Often, 5 = Very often, 8 = not applicable
Observed Relation with Happiness
- organization (place of employment)
- support from spouse
- support from friends/neighbors/relatives
- support from co-workers
- resentment of spouse,
- resentment of friends/neighbors/relatives
- resentment of co-workers and supervisor