- Working parents with children <16, USA, 1984
- N = 651
- Non Response:
Questionnaire returned by intra office mail in a sealed envelope
- Authors's label
- Support from Co-workers
- Our Classification
- Think back to your experiences as a working parent over the last two months. How have your co-workers helped you to manage? How often in the past two months did your co-workers do each of the following?
a. Shared ideas or advice.
b. Listened to my problems.
c. Was understanding or sympathetic.
d. Helped me to figure out how to solve a problem.
a.shared duties or traded off tasks to accomodate my family responsibilities. b. 'Pinch hit ' for me if I needed time for family responsibilities
c. Switched schedule (hours, overtime hours, vacation) to accomodate my family responsibilities.
Rated: 1= Never, 2 = Rarely, 3 = Sometimes, 4 = Often, 5 = Very often, 8 = Not applicable
Observed Relation with Happiness
- organization (place of employment)
- support from spouse
- support from friends/neighbors/relatives
- support from supervisors
- resentment of spouse,
- resentment of friends/neighbors/relatives
- resentment of co-workers and supervisor