- Working parents with children <16, USA, 1984
- N = 651
- Non Response:
Questionnaire returned by intra office mail in a sealed envelope
- Authors's label
- Support from Friends, Neighbors and Relatives
- Our Classification
- Think back to your experiences as a working parent over the last two months. How have your friends, neighbors and relatives helped you to manage? How often in the past two months did friends, neighbors and relatives do each of the following?
a. Shared ideas or advice.
b. Listened to my problems.
c. Was understanding or sympathetic.
d. Helped me to figure out how to solve a problem.
a. Handled child's sickness or other emergency.
b. Took care of some of my responsibilities when I was especially tired or busy.
c. Took care of children before or after school.
Rated: 1= Never, 2 = Rarely, 3 = Sometimes, 4 = Often, 5 = Very often, 8 = not applicable
Observed Relation with Happiness
- organization (place of employment)
- support from spouse
- support from co-workers
- support from supervisors
- resentment of spouse,
- resentment of friends/neighbors/relatives
- resentment of co-workers and supervisor