Study Wong (1985a): study US 1984
- Working parents with children <16, USA, 1984
- N = 651
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Questionnaire returned by intra office mail in a sealed envelope
- Authors's Label
- Spouse Support
- Our Classification
- Error Estimates
- alpha =.84
- Married Fathers: M=3,1, SD=.69, Married Mothers M = 3,0 SD = .74, Single Mothers = NA
- Related specification variables
- 'Think back to your experiences as a working parent over the last two months.How have you spouse helped you to manage? How often in the past two months did your spouse do each of the following?
a. Shared ideas or advice.
b. Helped me to figure out how to solve a problem.
c. Listened to my problems.
d. Was understanding or sympathetic.
e. took over some of my responsibilities when I was especially tired or busy.
F. Rearranges own schedule to fit my needs.
g. Helped me with work for my job. Rated: 1= Never, 2 = Rarely, 3 = Sometimes, 4 = Often, 5 = Very often
Observed Relation with Happiness
- organization (place of employment)
- support from friends/neighbors/relatives
- support from co-workers
- support from supervisors
- resentment of spouse,
- resentment of friends/neighbors/relatives
- resentment of co-workers and supervisor