- Working parents with children <16, USA, 1984
- N = 651
- Non Response:
Questionnaire returned by intra office mail in a sealed envelope
- Authors's label
- Stress of combining job and parenting
- Our Classification
- "Here are some things people may say about combining work and family life. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statements about your life as a working parent?"
a. My work schedule fits well with my family needs*.
b. There's no room in my schedule for anything out of the ordinary (e.g., a transportation delay.)
c.My child care arrangements are good for my children*.
d. I have enough time to spend with my family*.
e. I have to impose on others to help with child care.
f. I have enough free time for myself*.
g. I have more to do than I can handle comfortably.
h. I have rush to get to work on time.
i. I have time to relax with my family after work*.
j. My child care arrangements create a burden for others.
k. I have to rush home from work in time to meet my family responsibilities.
l. I have enough time for household tasks*.
Rated: 1 = Strongly disagree, 2 = disagree,3 = neither agree nor disagree, 4 = agree, 5 = Strongly agree.
* Items reverse-coded
Observed Relation with Happiness
- organization (place of employment)
- support from friends/neighbors/relatives
- support from co-workers
- support from supervisors