- 11,13 and 15 aged, school children, 33 countries and regions, 2001
- N = 162306
- Non Response
Specially trained personnel, teachers and school nurses administered the completion of questionnaires in school classrooms.
- Authors's Label
- School experience
- Our Classification
- 15 year olds only (N =50816)
- not reported
- Self report on seven questions:
A Liking school:How do you feel about school at present?
B academic achievement: In your opinion, what does your class teacher(s) think about your school performance compared to your classmates?
C Peer support was measured using three items:
* The students in my class(es) enjoy being together.
* Most of the students in my class(es) are kind and helpful.
* Other students accept me as I am.
D School pressure: How pressured do you feel by the schoolwork you have to do?
Classified as having
2 Middle school experience
1 negative school experience
Observed Relation with Happiness
- Negative 53.0 63.4 57.6
- Middle 78.2 85.4 81.6
- Positive 93.4 94.7 94.0