- 18 + aged, general public, 9 nations in Western Europe, 1999
- N = 10517
- Non Response
Iceland: face to face 74%; by phone 26% in remote areas.
- Authors's Label
- Social stigma attached to being single
- Our Classification
- Cut-off points not reported
- Agreement to statement:"A marriage or long term relationship is necessary to be happy."
The response categories are: agree strongly, agree, neither agree nor disagree, disagree and disagree strongly.
1 low agreement in nation
2 high agreement in nation
Observed Relation with Happiness
- agreement to statement is low = 40%
- agreement to statment is high = 33%
- participation in voluntary organizations
- % scoring 10 on satisfaction with life and job
- low agreement M = 3,05 SD = 0,36
- high agreement M = 3,21 SD = 0,68
- low agreement M = 3,44 SD = 0,55
- high agreement M = 3,30 SD = 0,41