- 16-65 aged, general public, Germany, followed from 1984 to1993
- N = 54066
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's Label
- Change in degree of disability
- Our Classification
- Subjects with at least two observations, so not all followed 10 years.
- Change in Degree of disability: 0-100
Difference in self report on single question over time.
"What official determination has been made of your reduced capacity to work or severe disability? percent _____"
Observed Relation with Happiness
age <30 30-49 >49
- women -.01(ns) -.01(05) -.00(ns)
- men -.01(ns) -.01(01) +.00(ns)
B's controled for CHANGE in:
- labour market position
- household income
- self perceived health