- Adults, general public, Melbourne, Australia, followed 25 months 1978-1981
- N = 184
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Change in satisfaction with standard of living
- Our Classification
- Both Happiness (ABS) and satisfaction with standard of living were assessed at T1 and T2 (25 month interval)
- Index of two single questions on satisfaction with:
a: The income you and your family have
b: Your standard of living: the things you have; housing ,car, furniture, etc.
Both items scored on 1-9 D-T rating scale, summation by average.
Observed Relation with Happiness
Beta controlled for satisfaction with
- sex life