Zuzanek (2006): study CA 2001
- Zuzanek, J.
- Adolescent Time use and Well-Being from a Comparative Perspective.
- Society and Leisure, 2006, Vol. 28, 379 - 423.
- 12-19 aged, Ontario, Canada, 2001/2003
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 2213
- Non Response:
TIME DIARY: A time diary for the day preceding the survey was filled out in class. So the time spend with different activities could be calculated. EXPERIENCE SAMPLING METHOD: Respondents were signalled by a pre-programmed digital wrist-watch eight times a day durring the course of a week. At the time of the beep, they filled in a short self-report form about e.g. precise time, the company he was with, what he was doing and a number of experiential states. Measures of several experiential states were subsequently combiend into variables, e.g. affect (feeling happy, cheerful, good)
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
"....... how happy you feel ....."
(full question not reported)
Scale labels not reported
- Author's label:
- Feeling happy
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 5 On range 0-10
Current contacts with friends