Zhang & Yang (2009): study US 2009
- Zhang, J.; Yang, Y.
- Measuring Subjective Well-Being: A Comparison of China and the USA.
- Asian Journal of Social Psychology, 2009,, Vol. 12, 221 - 225
- Uniteristy students, USA, 2009
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 394
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 20 questions.
This scale consists of a number of words that describe different feelings and emotions. Read each item and mark the appropriate answer in the space next to that word. Indicate to what extend you generally feel this way, that is, how you feel on average?
1 very slightly or not at all
2 a little
4 quite a bit
Negative affect score (NAS): (A to J)/10
Positive affect score (PAS): (K to T)/10
Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS - NAS
Name: Watson et al's PANAS ('in general' version)
- The reliability of the PA sub-scale: 0.81
The reliability of the NA sub-scale: 0.83
PA: M=3.32 SD=0.78
NA: M=2.11 SD=0.67
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -4 - 4 On range 0-10