Yardley & Rice (1991): study US 1988
- Yardley, J.K.; Rice, R.W.
- The Relationship between Mood and Subjective Well-Being.
- Social Indicators Research, 1991, Vol. 24, 101 - 111
- University students, State University of New York at Buffalo, followed 10 weeks, 198?
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 65
- Non Response:
Questionnaire completed in class
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport of daily mood on 9 questions
'Please indicate how much of each emotion you felt today
B depressed, blue
F angry, hostile
G enjoyment, fun
H worried, anxious
1 not at all
2 very slight
4 moderate amount
6 very much
7 extremely much
Options presented horizontally
Name: Diener's 'Daily Mood scale'
- Author's label:
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- Cronbach's alpha T1: 81, T2: 0.87 Retest correlation after 10 weeks r=+.48
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%, 6: 0%, 7: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -6 - 6 On range 0-10